2023 Environmentalist of the Year Award
The application period for 2023 is open!
Deadline: February 24, 2023
The Environmentalist of the Year Scholarship is offered each year to a graduating high school senior pursuing a degree in an environmental field (science, advocacy, education, art, communication, technology, sustainability, etc.). We have offered this $4,000 scholarship ($1,000/year for four years) annually to local students since 2002.
- You must be a resident of either Nevada County, Yuba County, or Sierra County
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Commitment to pursue an environmentally-related degree
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of which is from a teacher, coach, or mentor)
- Demonstrated community leadership, extra-curricular activity, environmental volunteerism
- Need is a consideration in awarding this scholarship
- Preference will be given to students with a history of volunteering at SYRCL, but is not required to receive this award
Letters of Recommendation should be sent to email@example.com
Questions? Contact SYRCL’s River Education Manager, Monique Streit, at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call at (530) 265-5961 ext. 218
Environmentalist of the Year Scholarship Recipients
2022: Vanessa Richards | 2021: Skyler Meinholz | 2020: Amelia Heinritz | 2019: Jacob Crooks | 2018: Anya Cooper-Hynell | 2017: Junet Bedayn | 2016: Delphine Giffith | 2015: Evan DesJardins | 2014: Sean Anderson | 2013: Anna Weixelman | 2012: Luz Brown | 2011: Jade Won Golder | 2010: Anna Daggett | 2009: Hannah Limov | 2008: Anna Harris | 2007: April McGrath | 2006: Liana Campus | 2005: Nate Rosenbloom | 2004: Myfanwy Rowlands | 2003: Alexis Bloom | 2002: Joan Dudney