Wouldn’t it be terrible if we had to reinvent SYRCL every time there was a new threat to the Yuba?
Without SYRCL, who would be ready to protect the river from a whole host of threats that are stacking up?
- Record drought – with demands for new dams on the Bear River that could impact the Yuba
- Underground gold mines – that could drain neighboring wells and pollute the river
- Illegal marijuana grows – diverting water, harming streams and creeks
- Nearly 750,000 visitors coming to the river every summer– far too many of whom are insensitive about trash, glass, dog waste and fire
- And just last month, plans to truck wild salmon around dams to and from the North Yuba River
That’s why I’ll cut to the chase: SYRCL needs your ongoing financial support to ensure that we are here to take on these mounting challenges – just as we have since 1983.
To successfully address these challenges, please consider giving monthly – from $10, $21, $42 or more per month when you join, renew or make a gift today. Over the past 32 years, you have helped build SYRCL into a powerful organization with the commitment and expertise to unite the community — thank you for your past, present, and future support.
Did you enjoy this post?
Get new SYRCL articles delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our ENews.