Environmentalist of the Year Scholarship
The following are requirements apply:
- You must be a resident of either Nevada County or Yuba County
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Commitment to pursue an environmentally-related degree
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of which is from a teacher, coach, or mentor)
- Demonstrated community leadership, extra-curricular activity, environmental volunteerism
- Need is a consideration in awarding this scholarship
- Preference will be given to students with a history of volunteering at SYRCL, but is not required to receive this award
The application period for 2022 has closed
Questions? Contact us!
River Education Manager
(530) 265-5961 ext. 218
Environmentalist of the Year Scholarship Recipients
2021: Skyler Meinholz | 2020: Amelia Heinritz | 2019: Jacob Crooks | 2018: Anya Cooper-Hynell | 2017: Junet Bedayn | 2016: Delphine Giffith | 2015: Evan DesJardins | 2014: Sean Anderson | 2013: Anna Weixelman | 2012: Luz Brown | 2011: Jade Won Golder | 2010: Anna Daggett | 2009: Hannah Limov | 2008: Anna Harris | 2007: April McGrath | 2006: Liana Campus | 2005: Nate Rosenbloom | 2004: Myfanwy Rowlands | 2003: Alexis Bloom | 2002: Joan Dudney