- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – Rivers Lab: The Book Club for River Geeks
March 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE
UPDATE: In response to COVID-19 and an attempt to keep risk low and reduce the spread of the virus, we are cancelling Rivers Lab on March 26. Please feel free to reach out if you have additional questions and concerns. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Topic & Paper coming soon…
If you have any questions, would like to join the email list, or are interested in participating in one, some, or all of these meetings, please contact Mary McDonnell at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 530.265.5961 ext. 216. Additionally, if there are particular areas of river science you are curious about or have a specific paper in mind, please email Mary as soon as possible. She will work to include topics that interest you in the coming months.
About Rivers Lab
Rivers Lab is a paper/report reading and discussion group assembled so that we can, as a community of river lovers, break down the prestigious walls of academic papers to learn more about the systems we care for and have a chance to ask questions, discuss, and enjoy each other’s company.
Rivers Lab is a no pressure environment and a great way to learn more about the ecosystems surrounding us by reading relevant scientific literature. Encourage your friends to join – the more diversity of thought, the merrier!
Here’s how Rivers Lab works:
- We will meet from 12:00-1:00 on the last Thursday of every month in SYRCL’s conference room (BYO lunch).
- Everyone reads the papers beforehand (1-2 papers per month)
- Be on time, show up 5 minutes early even!
- If you are able, please bring
- A copy of the paper (hard or online)
- Paper / pens / laptop / tablet for taking notes
- Questions, comments, critiques, compliments about the paper
- Ideas for future topics and discussions
- A readiness to practice scientific literacy with your community!
We look forward to some fun and engaging discussions! See you there!