Nevada County Resources
- Nevada County Good to Grow “Local Cannabis Permitting Process” Workshop Presentation (March 2020)
- ADP Cannabis Application Packet 2020
- Commercial Cannabis Application Guidelines Handout
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Canopy Guidance Document
- Common Incomplete Items Cannabis Permit Applications
- Common Fire Safe Regulations for Commercial Properties
- Plants in Ground Notice 2020
- Site Plan Checklist 2020
- See also Legal Cannabis Cultivation in Nevada County
Other County Resources
- Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC) Website on Compliant Cannabis Agriculture
- Northern California Farmers Guide: Best Management Practices Guide
- Conservation: High Times for Conservation: Adding the Environment to the Debate on Marijuana Liberalization (Carah et al. 2015)
- Water Use: Impacts of Surface Water Diversions for Marijuana Cultivation on Aquatic Habitat in Four Northwestern California Watersheds (Bauer et al. 2015)
- Wildlife: Silent Forests? (Gabriel et al. 2013) and Impacts of rodenticide and insecticide toxicants from marijuana cultivation sites on fisher survival rates in the Sierra National Forest, California (Thompson et al. 2013)
Growing Green for the Yuba: How-To Videos
Smart Choices for Water Conservation
Build soil to retain and conserve water, reduce evaporation, and prevent runoff.
Soil Management for Healthy Plants & a Healthy Watershed
Create a sustainable soil system, with minimal use of soil and water for a greenhouse grow.
A Minimalist Approach to Healthy Soil
Create a diverse and sustainable soil system with compost and mulch; a minimalist approach.
Healthy Soil for Less: Making the Most of Your Site
Prevent overuse of water, reduce the need for excess nutrients, and protect your plants from pests while protecting your pocket book.
Looking Toward Compliance, Water Catchment for a Healthy Yuba
Cost-effective solutions for compliant rainwater harvest, usage, storage that can be easily implemented in your garden.
Simple Solutions for Water Conservation & Updates on Water Use Regulations
Easily accessible water system improvements. Plus: update on recent regulatory changes.
Ecological Perspectives on Forest Management
Improve and maintain vegetation health through proper forest management for a sustainable grow.
Introduction & Updates on Regulation
BMPs for Watershed Health
Legal Panel with Q & A
Soil, Water & Nutrients Panel
Humboldt: A Case Study in Permitting