- This event has passed.
RiversLab – The Book Club for River Geeks
January 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE
Do you consider yourself a River Geek? Come join the rest of us!!
RiversLab – the book club for river geeks!
SYRCL is hosting this paper/report reading and discussion group so that we can, as a community of river lovers, learn more about the systems we work in and have a chance to ask questions, discuss, and enjoy the company of other like-minded River Geeks!
Here’s how it works:
- Read the assigned papers (1-2 per month).
- Meet from 12-1:00 pm on the last Friday of every month in the conference room at the SYRCL office (brown bag lunch). *NOTE: For January 2017 RiversLab will meet on the last THURSDAY, January 26th. All other 2017 RiversLab will meet on the last Friday.
- Be on time, or even 5-minutes early!
- Three people will take on roles each month to help stimulate the discussion:
- Article Reviewer: provides a 5-minute article review at the beginning of the discussion summarizing the main points (1 person per paper).
- Discussion Lead: leads the discussion of the paper making sure we stay on track and cover the main points – prepare at least 5 questions (2 people per paper).
Each month, we have a new theme and the papers will reflect that theme. Bring questions, comments, concerns, and ideas!
The papers we read can be found in the group’s Dropbox folder (hint: RiversLab/Papers/2017).
If you have any questions or would like to join the email list,
please contact Courtney Hudson at: email@example.com or 530.265.5961 ext. 216.
We look forward to some fun and engaging discussions! See you there!