On Friday, March 8, twenty-four teams vied for the prized title—Champions of the Brains of Nevada County Quiz Night. After more than three hours of laughter, mind-bending trivia, and conviviality, the cream of the crop rose to the top. The KnowBuddies, for the fourth time, clinched the title and claimed their place at the front of the pack. The Wise Crackers got the “Most Spirited” award, and Daniel’s Birthday Baboons received the coveted prize for lowest score.
Quiz Night is an annual fundraiser for SYRCL’s Youth Environmentalist of the Year and year-round River Education programs. The scholarship is awarded each June to a graduating high school senior who has demonstrated a commitment to the environment. Since 2002, seventeen $4,000 scholarships have been awarded to local students. Last year’s recipient was Anya Cooper-Hynell.
This event is certainly a night to be remembered, with competition, wild costumes and team spirit.
SYRCL thanks our incredible volunteers who made this one of our most memorable nights:
- Hostess with the Mostess – Janet Cohen
- Sound – Chris Towne
- Setup Team – Leni Barker & Judith Lancaster
- Scorekeepers – Erin Minett, Peter Minett, Carolyn Jones, Diane Christ, Cheryl Gordon, Linda Newman, Miriam Limov, Brenda Igler, Carlyle Miller
- Runners – Lisa Bonham, Janis Desanti, Leni Barker, Kevin Krulikowski, Joe Limov, Kaitlyn Chow, Mary Menconi
- Food Angels & Kitchen – Don Feil & Rorie Lin Gotham
- Bartenders – Charmaine Dudevoir, Skylar Silva, NicoleTomasetti
Below are a few of the wild moments captured at the 2019 It’s a Wildlife Quiz Night.
Photos by Andrea Tineo.
Did you enjoy this post?
Get new SYRCL articles delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our ENews.