The signs in this slideshow were designed by SYRCL, in partnership with the Tahoe National Forest. Funding for this project was provided by the Sierra Nevada Conservancy, and agency of the State of California.
Directions to Loney Meadow
From Nevada City/ Grass Valley:
- Take Highway 20 East from Nevada City about 30 miles.
- Just after the highway passes through Bear Meadow, turn left onto Bowman Lake Road (Forest Rte. 18).
From Interstate 80:
- Take exit 161 for Highway 20 West.
- Travel about 3.8 miles on Highway 20.
- Turn rigth onto Bowman Lake Road (Forest Rte. 18).
- Travel about 10.5 miles along Bowman Lake Road until just after the paving ends.
- Look for a sign on the right indicating the turn-off to Loney Meadows.
- If you have a high-clearance vehicle, you can drive all the way to the trailhead. Turn right at the Loney Meadow turn-off and travel about 0.7 miles. Stay to the left when the road forks.