Volunteer registration is open for the 18th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival, January 16 – 20, 2019 in downtown Nevada City and Grass Valley.
SYRCL’s Wild & Scenic Film Festival is a call to action where YOU can join our festival team. Powered by more than 500 volunteers who generously give their time and energy, you too can fill essential roles that are integral to the production of a smooth-running festival.
We have a vast array of exciting opportunities – from ticket sales to usher and tech crew – and many more. This year, YOU can play a critical role in the festival, serve our community and inspire thousands of attendees by doing your part.
Volunteer Opportunities are Still Available
Over half the volunteer positions have been filled but there are still hundreds more roles to choose from. Check out each of the volunteer role descriptions here. It’s not too late to register and volunteer for this celebrated community event!
- Do you love technology? Become part of the Tech Crew assisting with the technical side of film projectors, sound systems and lights at each venue.
- Do you know what a healthy forest looks like? SYRCL is working hard to protect and restore our watershed forest, transforming forest for fire safety, increase biodiversity and healthy lands. Get inspired and inspire others to take action during the festival. We are looking for volunteers to share our message for more action for healthy forest at our Environmental Action Tables.
- Need a seated role? We have plenty of seated roles to fill including: Airport Shuttle Drivers, Pass Checkers and Ticket Sales.
- Perhaps you enjoy feeding people? We need help in our Kitchen preparing food and snacks for thousands of hungry participants.
- Still can’t decide how to get involved? No problem, we’ve got the perfect job for you. Become a Wild Card Volunteer to help where ever needed. Wild Card Volunteers are on standby, providing assistance where needed, running errands, or filling in for missing volunteers. This can be a fast-past, on your feet position or also a quiet shift hanging out at HQ, it all depends on our volunteer needs at the time.
As a perk for your help with this festival, volunteers will receive a free session ticket for each shift served, and with more than 150 films handpicked to provoke and inspire, there is something for everyone to see at the Wild & Scenic Film Festival.
For additional volunteer questions or if you need help signing up for a shift, contact Daniel Belshe, Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com or 530-265-5961 ext 201.