Post-holiday blues? Winter cabin fever got you down? Get out of the house this January and volunteer for the Wild & Scenic Film Festival as a great way to get involved and give back. The 17th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival is hosted by over 500 volunteers working to bring environmental activism and awareness to our community.
Volunteer registration closes December 31st, don’t miss out on your chance to get involved. We are still seeking dozens of volunteers. Be a part of the five nights and four days of Wild & Scenic magic—join the fest team today!
We have volunteer positions for all levels, skills and abilities:
- Do you love technology? Become part of the Tech Crew assisting with the technical side of film projectors, sound systems and lights at each venue.
- Perhaps you enjoy feeding people? We need help in our Kitchen preparing food and snacks for thousands of hungry participants.
- Are you an environmental activist? Join our SYRCL Outreach Booth team serving at one of the 20 booths throughout the festival, talking to guests about our decreased salmon populations and urging them to get involved by signing our letter to Governor Newsom.
- Do you like a more active role? Strong, hardworking volunteers are needed before and after the festival to help with Setup, Breakdown & Transportation at each venue.
- Need a seated role? We have plenty of seated roles to fill including: Airport Shuttle Drivers, Pass Checkers and Ticket Sales.
- Want to step up your volunteer involvement at WSFF? We seek hardworking, organized and responsible volunteers to help manage venue logistics as Venue Coordinators. Please contact Daniel Belshe directly about this role at email@example.com or 530-265-5961 ext 201.
- Still can’t decide how to get involved? No problem, we’ve got the perfect job for you. Become a Wild Card Volunteer to help where ever needed. Wild Card Volunteers are on standby, providing assistance where needed, running errands, or filling in for missing volunteers. This can be a fast-past, on your feet position or also a quiet shift hanging out at HQ, it all depends on our volunteer needs at the time.
Volunteer Opportunities are Still Available
Over half the volunteer positions have been filled but there are still hundreds more roles to choose from. Check out each of the volunteer role descriptions here. It’s not too late to register and volunteer for this celebrated community event! Volunteer registration closes December 31st.
As a perk for your help with this festival, volunteers will receive a free session ticket for each shift served, and with more than 150 films handpicked to provoke and inspire, there is something for everyone to see at the Wild & Scenic Film Festival.
For additional volunteer questions or if you need help signing up for a shift, contact Daniel Belshe, Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-265-5961 ext 201.