Support SYRCL’s Work to Keep the Yuba Clean
Saturday, September 15, 2018
As a local business owner, you know that the Yuba River is not only a favorite summer getaway; it is also a key economic driver. Since the South Yuba River State Park attracts 700,000 annual visitors, and the average visitor spends $42 per day on items such as food, gas, gear and overnight accommodations, the river is generating tens of millions of dollars into our local economy.
However, the downside of so many visitors is that the river is in danger of being loved to death. Sadly, many ignore the saying “if you pack it in, please pack it out” – leaving behind tons of trash every year.
The good news is that SYRCL’s 21st Annual Yuba River Cleanup Day and our River Ambassador Program are designed to keep the river clean, healthy and safe.
But we need your help to keep them going. Would you consider a sponsorship of the 21st Annual Yuba River Cleanup & River Ambassador Program?
How to Contribute
- Review SYRCL’s 2018 Cleanup Sponsorship Opportunities.
- Contact Julie Pokrandt, Development Director, (530) 265-5961 ext. 214 or Julie@yubariver.org to discuss sponsorship levels and to make a pledge.
How to Get Involved
- Save the Date: Saturday, September 15.
- Starting, Wednesday, August 1, sign-up to volunteer with your staff for a fun, team-building day on the river. Cleanup the river together and enjoy a delicious picnic with coworkers at our volunteer appreciation party at Pioneer Park.
- Contact Daniel Belshe, Community Engagement Manager at (530) 265-5961 ext. 201 0r Daniel@yubariver.org for more information.
Over the past 20 years, SYRCL’s annual Yuba River Cleanup has removed more than 200,000 pounds of trash and recycling to date. Last year, 890 volunteers removed nearly 14,000 pounds of garbage and recyclables from dozens of miles of rivers, creeks and lakes in just one day.
But keeping the river from being trashed is more than a one day a year activity. That’s why SYRCL’s River Ambassadors are out every weekend this summer – at the major river crossings – educating visitors about how to keep the river clean and safe.
By sponsoring these river cleanup efforts, you will reach thousands of local customers who will surely appreciate your support for a clean, healthy and safe Yuba River. We hope you will take a moment to review the sponsorship packet with more details regarding sponsorship and recognition levels.