Apply to work at SYRCL and become one of the 28 Members of the 2018-2019 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP)!
SYRCL is seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people, willing to commit a year of service in the Sierra Nevada mountains of northern California, to protect the beautiful natural resources of the Yuba River watershed and to help build sustainable river communities. During the year, SNAP members will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service. Deadline to apply is July 25, 2018. Interviews will begin in August.
Since 2007, more than 200 SNAP Members have served at 34 Sierra conservation organizations and agencies to:
- Restore more than 15,000 acres of habitat,
- Monitor more than 1,250 ecological sites,
- Educate more than 165,000 people,
- Recruit and support more than 35,000 community volunteers, and
- Contribute 500,000 hours of service!
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve full-time, from mid-October 2018 through mid-September 2019. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions and will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education and outreach, and volunteer recruitment and management. For more detailed service descriptions, please visit https://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join/.
SYRCL is hiring for 3 positions this year:
- Restoration Coordinator
- Primary Responsibilities: Work with staff and volunteers to coordinate Sierra meadow restoration projects, floodplain restoration projects, and invasive species control.
- River Monitoring Coordinator
- Primary Responsibilities: Work with staff and volunteers to coordinate our 15-year running watershed water quality monitoring program, mercury monitoring, frog habitat monitoring, and temperature monitoring programs.
- Stewardship Coordinator
- Primary Responsibilities: Work with staff and volunteers to coordinate the 7th year of SYRCL’s River Ambassador Program and provide outreach at community events.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant’s ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
- Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service.
- Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monthly stipend of $1,345 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,920 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply:
- The SNAP Program is accepting applications for 2018-19 members until July 25, 2018.
- Download the SNAP Member Application Packet here.
- Fill out the SNAP online application here.
- Apply to the SNAP Program through the My AmeriCorps website. (To find our listing, log in, navigate to “Applicant Home,” click “Search Listings” (in left sidebar), then use the following information in the “Quick Search” box: search for “Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership” under “AmeriCorps State / National” in California. If you are having trouble completing this application, contact Carley.)
- Email your resume and a 1-page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to title your email subject: “SNAP Application 2018-19”.
For more information please contact:
Rachel Durben, Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Program Director
email@example.com or (530) 542-4546 ext. 705
Betsy Harbert, South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) River Science Program Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 265- 5961 ext. 224
All submissions are confidential. The Sierra Nevada Alliance and AmeriCorps are equal opportunity employers. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our SNAP Positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.