SYRCL has teamed up with Nevada County Libraries to offer free watershed education activities through the public library system this summer.
Bring the whole family and join us for an afternoon exploring the beautiful Lower Yuba River at the Yuba River Education Center. Enjoy a walk along the riverbank, view salmon habitat, get your hands and feet wet looking for salmon food (AKA bugs!), and play some fun and educational games. Please bring a full water bottle, sack lunch, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and signed waivers.
WHAT: Lower Yuba Field Trip
WHEN: Saturday, June 30
TIME: 10 am – 2 pm
WHERE: UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center in Browns Valley
COST: FREE! Bring a sack lunch.
Directions to UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center in Browns Valley from Nevada City/Grass Valley:
- From CA-20 W/CA-49 S
- Take the exit toward Marysville (CA-20 W)
- Follow CA-20 W for about 16.5 miles
- Turn right onto Sicard Flat Rd. Turn right onto Peoria Rd.
- Continue onto Scott Forbes Rd.
- Once you are on Scott Forbes Rd., follow the signs to the Sierra Foothill Research & Extension Center.
- Upon entering the property, you will cross over a cattle guard.
- The next gravel road to the right is marked at the gate with a blue sign reading “The Yuba River Education Center.” Turn here.
- You will travel for a little less than 1 mile, going through another open gate.
- Do not turn to the right on any other road. This road will dead end at the YREC Pavilion.
For more information contact Megan Learned, River Education Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.