Do you love the Sierra? Want to help restore and protect the Range of Light while gaining valuable environmental professional experience?
Apply today to become a Member of the 2014 – 2015 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) and serve with South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL).
SYRCL and SNAP are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to a 11 months of service of protecting Sierra natural resources and working to create sustainable communities. During the year, SNAP members serving at SRYCL will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
SYRCL is looking to fill three positions:
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve full-time, from November 1, 2014 – September 30, 2015. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions but, will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education and outreach, and volunteer recruitment and management. For more detailed service descriptions, please visit https://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join/.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant’s ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monthly stipend of $1,254 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply:
1. Download the SNAP Member Application Packet with detailed application instructions here: https://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join
2. Fill out the online SNAP Member application by clicking here.
3. Email your resume and a 1 page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Be sure to title your email subject: “SNAP Application 2014- 2015”
Deadline to Apply: August 1, 2014! Interviews will begin mid-August.
For more information please contact:
- Lynn Baumgartner, Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Program Director: 530-542-4546 x 305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or visit www.sierranevadaalliance.org.
All submissions are confidential. The Sierra Nevada Alliance and AmeriCorps are equal opportunity employers.