TITLE: Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Development and Wild & Scenic Events
JOB DESCRIPTION: This Development Assistant position is an excellent opportunity to gain fundraising experience at a well established non-profit organization by supporting SYRCL’s Director of Development and Wild & Scenic Events. This position requires up to 20 hours per week to perform duties related to our growing membership and donor needs. Main work hours are Monday-Friday 9 am -5 pm. The Development Assistant will work directly with the Director of Development and Wild & Scenic Events and will provide membership, donation, database and clerical support. This individual should plan to take initiative, work hard, enjoy a fast-paced environment and like working as part of a team.
- Enter new & renewing member information into database
- Enter all other donations into database
- Print & mail thank you letters
- Update and maintain addresses within database
- File hard copies of membership & donation forms
- Query, Print & mail first, second & third renewal reminders monthly
- E-mail first renewal reminder, where applicable
- Support Wild & Scenic On Tour with weekly mailings of Event Kits
- Telephone lapsed members on a weekly basis to try and get their renewal
- Coordinate periodic volunteer phone bank events
- Tabling to promote SYRCL and membership occasionally required
- Other duties as assigned
Experience working in a high energy office setting; non-profit work experience a plus. Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers. Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides follow-through on areas of responsibility and is detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills. Computer skills required including proficiency with Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and writing skills. Experience with File Maker Pro is a plus. Bachelors Degree preferred but not required. Positive, self motivated, and quick learning performer highly valued. This position requires confidentiality and a sense of humor is a must.
Complex reading and writing, clerical, attention to detail, confidentiality, math skills, good judgment and decision making. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This part-time position starts at $12/hour.
This position is open until filled.
Submit your resume and cover letter electronically to Melinda Booth, Director of Development and Wild & Scenic Events, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
SYRCL is an equal opportunity employer.